Continuing to draw inspiration from cumulus clouds, Asics reimagined this neutral running shoe's upper and midsole formation by applying a more holistic design approach that adapts to the runner's anatomy in motion. Wrapping the foot with an even softer feel, the engineered mesh upper adds strategic support in targeted areas while leaving some of the fibers more open to improve breathability. The upper also works more closely with the midsole's movement, which creates a smoother stride from footstrike to toe-off. Additionally, the shoe's upper is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions.
To improve cushioning and flexibility, we added a 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION™ to the top layer of the midsole. This technology is implemented through a series of strategically planted pillars within the midsole, allowing runners to experience more compression in a specific area without reducing durability or stability. These pillar formations are tuned differently in the men's and women's models to address each gender's biomechanical data. By helping runners appropriately compress the foam during the landing phase of their stride, this shoe promotes a smoother ride and improves shock absorption.
Lastly, a softer GEL® technology unit is positioned under the heel to improve cushioning while the FLYTEFOAM™ midsole material helps create a smoother and more supportive ride.
- GEL® technology cushioning provides excellent shock absorption
- Gender-specific 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION™ addresses different compression rates
- Engineered mesh upper
- Reflective accents improve visibility in low-light conditions
- FLYTEFOAM™ technology provides lightweight cushioning
- At least 20% of the primary material of the shoe's upper is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions
- Weight: 9.9oz/280g
- Stack: Heel: 23mm, Forefoot: 13mm
- Drop: 10mm